O'Day Day Sailer

This boat is an excellent choice unless you plan to sail on open blue water (Great Lakes, seas, and oceans). 

It is easy to launch and relatively easy to install the rigging, I have done it many times by myself. It helps if you have a folding mast step so you can pull the mast by a single front shroud. I never installed one.

The boat is excellent and spacious to sail.

I had a couple of jib choices for light and heavy weather. 

I could easily heave to the wind in the middle of the lake and relax.

The only time I did not enjoy sailing the boat was in shallow water with the centerboard up as I slid sideways, but shallows are a nemesis for any sailboat. 

I had an electric trolling motor to get me out of difficult situations.

Would I repurchase it? Probably, but then, I always missed having a full-length keel and some weight.


https://smallboatsmonthly.com/article/oday-day-sailer/



As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles