exhausted

It is hard to express negative feelings without sounding like complaining, or being weak.

I am neither, but I think it would be live untrue record if I only wrote about the highlights of my life.

I have been told that men should not be sensitive, it's not welcome, but the truth is that despite the fact that we act strong, we get affected all the same.

So what bothers me? I am exhausted, beat down to the core of my soul.

Today, while talking to my sister and brother-in-law I realized that I have hard time composing simple sentences together. I took an afternoon nap after the flight from Chicago to Florida, a power swim
in the pool, and I was still tired mentally.

Now, I lay down and think. Am I just tired, or is it something serious? Maybe brain tumor (seriously) that soon will leave me a veggie, or dead? Headaches, feeling week day-after-day, hard time
thinking straight... Maybe I am just being tired after all.

I finished a book today about a great sailor Pete Goss. I almost cried on the airplane.

In my mind I single-handed race an empty southern ocean with cold wind in my face, constant beating, steep choppy waves and occasional iceberg, lurking to sink me here and there. No time to rest, no place
to rest, no one to talk to.

One day I hope to find my own sanity and peace again, to go to the blue lagoon with the sandy beach, the feeling which I am missing so much now.



As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles