mysterium

I woke up today remembering a dream about my friend Kajtek, I opened my email and there was a message from him. You may say it is a coincidence, but we have not seen each other in years and write only sporadically.

I've read his blog one more time and I found so many "pearls" that I wanted to share in my so-imperfect English translation... he'd so eloquently wrote about a trip to the mountains:

"The `mysterium` begins.
In case you don't understand, step-by-step march forward.
[...] Rain. The views do not disturb, neither the conversations. Everyone in the thoughts under their own rain coat during which everyone is getting closer to themselves, renews the friendship with oneself, cut off from all the assaults of civilization. Visibility: 2 meters, we are resting under the rock outcropping with some other tourists. Our faces are smiling, as if we followed the motto: `the worse conditions, the better the joy`. I can feel the closeness between fellow humans, even if we are just standing there for a moment, I have not felt this unity in any church before. To feel it you have to get closer, make an effort, mere fact of getting out will not do. At the shelter there are tourists in flip-flops who took the ski-lift on the way up, I noticed the road construction equipment to flatten the road... what more can I say.
[...] The evening in the shelter on the Czech side has a wonderful climate, we are lucky, there are no `forced` tourist groups, brought from the cities against their own will. The quiet conversations over the beer, tea and coffee. Someone is wondering around the shelter, some other group is taking pictures of the long shadows. One man cast his gaze upon the ceiling in lazy meditation and there is no sign that he will let it go anytime soon..."





As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles