My Mac crashes Wireless Network every time

I work remotely most of the time, but when coming to the office the wireless network would crash every time. I thought it was bad router, but my co-workers started to notice it happens only when I connect. The network would slow down to a craw and crash.

I was eventually BANNED FROM NETWORK! :) 

I though I had some apps like Dropbox hugging the network, but it did not seem like it.



I have read that connecting to external DNS, not your Internet Provider's DNS, servers might speed up the lookup.

I got this list from support.hidemyass.com

  • OpenDNS: 208.67.222.222 + 208.67.220.220    
  • GoogleDNS: 8.8.4.4 + 8.8.8.8
  • ComodoDNS: 156.154.70.22 + 156.154.71.22    
  • UltraDNS: 156.154.70.1 + 156.154.71.1    
  • NortonDNS: 198.153.192.1 + 198.153.194.1

To do so I got to:
Apple > System Preferences.. > Network > Wi-Fi (Connected) > Advanced .. > DNS


Add caption





As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles