Great Smoky Mountains, NC

It feels good to be in mountains again. After non-stop, near 100F of Florida and Georgia, the low 80s feel good. The steep, green slopes make me simply happy to look at, they remind me of the shapes of Gorce Mounatins, Poland, where I grew up. The mounatins really conrast with the boredom of the plains that I so despise -- I do love ocean, but not the flatlands. I think Oregon, or British Columbia would be a place for me, ocean and the mountains, that is of course if I cannot live in Pyrenees, near the Mediterean Sea. I better start working on my Spanish/Catalonian/French!
Tonight, it is too late to look around, early start tomorrow. I having a dinner in the nice family Italian restaurant, per recommendation, ah chicken florentina!!!

Liliann is my faithful companion, today we drove for some 7 hours, she did not sleep a minute, not a single complaint.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles