Caribou Caffee - ultimate urban escape

Today, I was meeting a Japanese exchange coworker in the Japanese restaurant I have never been in before, so I arrived early. I considered having a tea and waiting while my friend arrived. I found the restaurnt, but it was still closed, so I went to the Caribou Caffee next door. 

I am a frequent visitor of Borders and Starbucks and yes, I have been in Caribou before, but todays was different. Maybe it was a rain outside, or a really nice bartista man that set me in the mood. I got my small mocha with the chocolate-covered beans on top, I found a nice seat by the fire place on the comfy couch, the soft music played and the wood cabin decor got me hooked. All suddenly, I was in my dream house, what they called "The Third Place" - somewhere between home and work - that comfy place where you want to spend your free time.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles