User Experience: Quicken totally fails!

I got a copy of Quicken because I was tired of using Google spreadsheet for my budget.

I managed to get my Citibank records imported and manually assign the categories to hundreds of entries in last 6 months to see my spendings by category...

but before that, I went thru the "user experience" nightmare!


1) Selecting the financial institution from hundreds of entries as a drop-down?!? They did not event provide a logo to assure you are selecting the right one.


2) Automatic way of getting your info? Forget it! Of course the they ask you to put in your username and password!!!! What if you select a wrong institution and try to log in, that institution has access to your other account. Bad, really bad.





3) Quicken fails unexpectedly (enven before I had a chance to set up anything):









As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles