Exploring My Digital Publishing Journey Across BlogSpot, SubStack, and BeeHiiv

Over the years, I've been deeply engaged with several content platforms to share my writings and connect with my audience. Currently, I use three platforms.


At BlogSpot.com, I have cultivated a vast repository with thousands of posts, leveraging its ease of use and excellent tagging system.

On SubStack.com, I focus on polished articles, engaging a dedicated community of subscribers and fellow writers.

BeeHiiv.com serves as my platform for distributing "le crème de la crème" of my work via email, aiming to reach readers who prefer curated content directly in their inboxes.





Which content websites do I currently use?

A keen observer will notice that I have been using BlogSpot.com for decades. 
There, I have thousands of posts in various forms of refinement.




Then, I have SubStack.com, where I post finished articles to be shared with the community of fellow writers and friends who subscribed.

Finally, I have BeeHiiv.com, where I want my readers to subscribe to receive emails with "le crème de la crème" of my writings.





BlogSpot vs. SubStack vs. BeeHiiv comparison (diagram)









Why is blogging and email architecture so complicated?

The architecture is complicated because no single app does everything well.

  • I like to start articles on the go from the phone when I get an idea (not on BeeHiiv)
  • I like to draft articles on the phone from a cafe (not on BeeHiiv)
  • I have thousands of articles on BlogSpot and good traffic




What are the best platforms for digital writers?

  • There is no clear answer; this is why I use all three.
  • I would probably not advise you to start with BlogSpot at this time
  • If I was starting for the LOVE OF WRITING, I would use SubStack
  • If I were starting to build a massive mailing list for commerce, I would start with BeeHiiv


BlogSpot.com 

PROS:

  • easy to cross-link by TAG
  • easy to create a DRAFT on the phone
  • easy to PUBLISH a quick note
  • thousands of posts published
  • tens of thousands of page views per month 

CONS:

  • NO BULK EMAIL
  • questionable appearance




SubStack.com

PROS: 

  • possible to draft a post on the phone
  • easy to send posts to subscribers via email
  • the best appearance out of the box

CONS:

  • NO label tag crosslinking
  • restrictive for import of email list

SUBSCRIBE




BeeHiiv.com

PROS:

  • the best support of emails and statistics

CONS:

  • It is not a real blog, just an archive of emails sent
  • the questionable appearance of the home page

SUBSCRIBE



Here are a couple books on blogging.
Please VIEW them on Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.


















by by Scott Chow





As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles