Why do I wear wool

I have been wearing wool products for a very long time now.

The highlanders of the region where I was born 

were wearing wool in winter and summer. 

I could never understand the woolen pants! 




Our family had a herd of sheep, too. 

I used to feed sheep kids with the baby milk bottle, they followed us everywhere. My favorite were "Pieszczocha" the "cuddly one" and "Waluta" which name is a funny story that would be lost in translation here.

I do not think I have any pictures from those times.





What are the benefits of wool?

  • Does not smell like cotton even after a long days in mountains
  • Maintains ~80% of heat insulation when soaking wet
  • Keeps warmer in winter
  • Keep cool in summer
  • Super soft and delicate (Merino and Alpaca)

What wool products do I wear?

I wear:

  • T-shirts
  • Long sleeve shorts
  • Sweaters
  • Socks
  • Scarves
  • Neck gaiters for skiing
  • Wool hat, highlander style
  • I have not found pants I like
  • Thermal underwear in winter

Not all of the items are still available on Amazon, 
but I want to show you the idea.






View on Amazon 


Summer socks








View on Amazon



View on Amazon 






clothingSocks, Unisex Merino Wool Ultra-LightZeal Wood
clothingT-Shirt, Merino Wool, MenMerino Tech
clothingNeck Gaiter - 100% Merino WoolMinus 33 Merino Wool





As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles