Walk and Listen

“The best sailing is down the trade winds. 
If you are setting off to do something, 
go with the prevailing winds” 
~ Uki

Every couple of years, I reevaluate which way the wind is blowing and make corrections in my life. 

The last couple of years have been dominated by AI and autonomy

Some jobs are disappearing, and some are on the rise. 
You must always trim the sails in response to the wind and the waves. 

You must also set the right pace depending on how far you still have to go.

~ ~ ~

Today, I wanted to share my two favorite activities: hiking and listening.

During the week, I cannot go to the mountains, so I walk on the path by my house.  

The path is about 12,000 steps, which makes my Apple device feel very satisfied. 

On a beautiful evening like today, I have a few stumps and logs on which I can sit down, soak up the sun, and think. Along the path, I make sure I stop to smell the roses, or rather, take photos of the flowers and bunnies.

The second and quite important part of this hobby is listening. 
I usually listen to an Audible audiobook or a YouTube video if I want to learn something.

This activity usually charges me full of ideas, which sometimes are actions to be taken and sometimes ideas to write about.

The videos I listened to today were motivating and full of how-to instructions. There is no point in re-hashing them. I listed one on the bottom. 

Where am I going? 

I have a limited time before I retire or otherwise stop working. I have to think about how to prepare so I can retire and do what I love. The best way to achieve it is to secure a residual income, care for health, and have a purpose. I want to walk, listen, think, and write. I hope to have readers.

Where is the rest of the world going?


AI and automation will surely change the landscape of people's lives. 

Writing how-to blogs will lose relevance as AI chatbots will answer any question you might have. 
Providing wise fatherly or grand-fatherly advice may also not be relevant for the same reason.

My only hope for writing is to write from the heart, to be a human, an anthropologist, a philosopher, and a poet

The future of humanity will be about human entertainment, the service industry, and human contact in a world filled with AI games, chatbots, robots, and automated factories.

How do I connect with my readers?


I need to engage with my audience. 

So far, the blog has failed at this: not a single comment in a very long time, not a single direct message. 
I will explore Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn (with 13,000 contacts), Threads, and Pinterest, but I no longer enjoy these interactions. I used to wait for the pings and notifications, but now I turn them off.

But I honestly want to hear from you. What did you think about my articles? What would you want me to write about? Which of your problems or questions can I address?













 















It's a good video to watch, but not before you leave a comment or write via the "Contact me" link.



Please SUBSCRIBE: https://ukidlucas.beehiiv.com




As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles