What are states of consciousness?

After four meetings in a row, I had the need to get out of the office and go to Redmond French Cafe.

The “Croque Madame” plate is not the best nutritionally, but it is definitely deep in the “comfort food” category. It tastes great!


I wanted to write about different states of consciousness.

Please put away your yoga mat and the hot stones. We are discussing personal life struggle states.

There are many ways to slice it, so my approach might differ from yours, but bear with me.

We have strengths, even mastery of some areas of life, while being good in others and mediocre or outright ignorant of the rest.

Ignorance

If we were to draw a pyramid, the bottom layer would be where most of the population is—ignorant. I am not being an elitist here; each one of us is basically ignorant, including myself.

In the ignorant state, we let things happen to us, we are victims of happenstance, we have bad habits that penalize us every day, and we do not even know that we do not know. This is the worst state to be in.

I do not have all the solutions for transcending ignorance, but I will borrow from Buddhism, a philosophy I am very familiar with. 

Buddhists believe you need to be mindful of your surroundings, constantly empty your mind of preconceptions, and, through rigorous practice, break your way of “logical” thinking, leading to a better intuitive understanding.  

 As I mentioned, most people do not bother. They are happy to follow others, “work harder”, complain and find excuses instead of putting an effort to achieve transcendence.

Complacement

The next level in our pyramid is a state of complacement. We all reach this level many times in our lives, where we achieve something comfortable and then stop. Although the state of temporary safety feels good, it works against us and ultimately punishes our inactivity.

Seeking

The next layer, I would call the consciousness of the seeker. We know our shortcomings, but we have not overcome them yet. We know what we do not know

At this stage, developing the right habits and good practices is essential.

Mastery

Sometimes, after putting 10,000 hours of effort into a certain area, we achieve mastery; we are conscious that we know.

Intuitive Mastery

The next level, while still being a master, has to do with intuition. We create art not as a conscious effort or mechanism but because it has become our nature.

Enligtement

The highest level, or rather a top point of the pyramid, is enlightenment, where a few have claimed to sit, but probably nobody really does. I have no ideas, anyway.


Why do I bother thinking about states of conciousness?

 

As I go thru life, I constantly realize my shortcomings, there are really too many of them to list, but I am definitely guilty of complacement.

As far as this blog goes, it is simply ridiculous that I had it for last twenty some years, including ton of viewership, and a period of failing with both Google AdSense and Amazon Affiliate program and I never developed it to a point of profitable residual income. 

I am trying to fix this while developing my passion of writing. This post is an effort of a lunchtime well spent.

The other items that grind my counciousness are YouTube videos and improving my pronunciation. I have real fear and paralysis towards them respectfully. I need to find way to overcome both.

That is all for now, my lunch time is up. 

Please write a comment below or "contact me" directly to let me know your feedback, I am flying in the dark otherwise.


Please SUBSCRIBE: https://ukidlucas.beehiiv.com







As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles