Mac OS X 10.7.2 "Lion" - where is my Java?! #%!

Apple decided that Java is not is not important enough to be installed on your new Mac , not nice!

I have heard the rummors that Steve did not love us, the Android crowd. I am sure it is not true, after all I am using Droid2 with keyboard and Galaxy Tab 7, both of which are not products that are offered by Apple. Denial? OK, I am reading his biography, he did hate us.

When you try to open apps like Eclipse you get an "almost" friendly pop-up:


Unfortunately for me, the installation of the Java did not happen, I tried several times.

I tried "java" from Terminal as that may fix the problem, but it did not.


What happened was I had a Software Update process already running and downloading new iTunes and whole bunch of other stuff over a very slow Public Library connection. 








As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles