Electric rototiller cultivator

Today, I have been testing my new electric tiller.

Many say that a tiller should be your first mechanized tool.

The assembly was very simple with Phillips screwdriver as only tool needed.

My first impression was that the cutting blades look cheap, but after converting about 100 square feet of grass into a planting row, I don't have any issues with the quality.

The tiller eagerly goes after first inch of ground, but to go deeper I had to break the ground with the spade. This still saves enormous amount of work as I don't have to turn over the soil, but just lean on the spade.

The roots wrap around the blades, and I well have to clean them later, I definitely would like a quick release instead of the bolt.

I like the fact that the tiller is electric, not gasoline driven, it is definitely quieter and easy to turn on, and off. For remote sites a small power generator would be a must, but this is not an issues within couple hundred feet from the power outlet.

I definitely believe that tiller should be your first mechanized tool.



As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles