Updating Anaconda TensorFlow on Mac for use with jupyter notebook

I have been running TensorFlow, but it has been acting up and needed an update.




# Initializing the variables
# init = tf.initialize_all_variables() # older TF 0.11.0-py35_0 conda-forge
init = tf.global_variables_initializer() # newer TF 0.12.1-py35_1 conda-forge



Check what environment you are running, especially if you switch often, or just restarted the computer.


$ conda info --envs
# conda environments:
#
CarND-TensorFlow-Lab /Users/ukilucas/anaconda3/envs/CarND-TensorFlow-Lab
IntroToTensorFlow /Users/ukilucas/anaconda3/envs/IntroToTensorFlow
py3 /Users/ukilucas/anaconda3/envs/py3
py35 /Users/ukilucas/anaconda3/envs/py35
root * /Users/ukilucas/anaconda3


I have been running "nohup jupyter notebook &" command and my Jupyter Notebook did not see my newest TensorFlow environments. I wanted to update my root anyway.

I execute the following:

$ conda install -c conda-forge tensorflow
Fetching package metadata .........
Solving package specifications: ..........
Package plan for installation in environment /Users/ukilucas/anaconda3:

The following packages will be UPDATED:

protobuf: 3.0.0-py35_0 conda-forge --> 3.1.0-py35_0 conda-forge
tensorflow: 0.11.0-py35_0 conda-forge --> 0.12.1-py35_1 conda-forge
Proceed ([y]/n)? y
Unlinking packages ...
[ COMPLETE ]|#####################| 100%
Linking packages ...
[ COMPLETE ]|#####################| 100%
$


Update:

I decided to create my TensorFlow in a new environment because I have Python 3.6:

$ python --version 
Python 3.6.0 :: Continuum Analytics, Inc.



$  conda create -n tensorflow python=3.5 

Another option is DOWNGRADE Python 3.6 to Python 3.5

$ conda install python=3.5






As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles