Sunrise

I am a burning sun,
I am the ocean's depth,

Come to the shore at the sunrise,
and feel but just a few rays on your face,
just a single wave spray drop..

You will understand without words.

I am not perfect,
I will burn you if you stay until noon,
I will drown you if you swim too far.

But I am the Love,
come in the morning,
look at the first rays
and pray.

Fear not, I will caress you gently
when you immerse in me.
I will warm you,
if you allow.

Close your eyes just after the sunset,
in meditative warmth and longing
for the next sunrise.

I am not perfect,
I am often clouded,
I often storm.

But come! Oh, child
after the storm
and you will find the most beautiful ambers,
and you will find shells 

that will whisper  into your ear

about my love -- forever.



As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles