Cherry blossoms and a black bear while riding a motorcycle

March 20, 2024
Yesterday was the last of several sunny days, and since I did not ride my new motorcycle much, I decided to go for a sunset cruise in the region's forested canyons.
Unlike riding offroad, for which my knobby 250cc is designed, cruising streets is quite a bad experience. The bike shakes and vibrates at speeds up to 30 mph, and I did not even attempt anything above 40. 
It is definitely not Tenere or BMW, but I have spent under 2,000 and not $12,000.

On the motorcycle ride, I went to Snoqualmie Falls and stopped by several spots by the river.

In The Fall City, there are rows of cherry trees by the river, and I was glad I went, as in a few days, I would have missed them. It was beautiful.

47°32'43.7"N 121°50'28.3"W


On the way back, after sunset, I saw a large black bear in the middle of the road. I had to slow down and rev my engine for the bear to finally disappear into the forest. What is fantastic is that it was just a short mile from my kid's school.

47°34'15.6"N 121°58'58.8"W













As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles