Gut microbiom

Our gut microbiom might one of the most important precursors of our good health. 

Our digestion and ability to extract microelements from food, the ability to digest food without excessive gas, or consipation, all depend on our gut microbiom.

I also believe, and many scientific studies confirm it, that our ability to maintain healthy weight depends on our gut microbiom.

It takes a very long time to develop healthy microbiom, takes a week of anibiotics to kill.

As an extreme example, Japanese have guy bacteria to help digest sea weed, this might be true for almost any ethnic food. The lack of specific bacteria may result in malnutrition or digestive issues.

For the same reason I am not a proponent of elimination diet. Yes, sometimes you have to take out your favorite food such as pizza, or undercooked mushrooms, to feel better, but I believe people are going too far and hurt themselves.

Eliminating food may eliminate microbes that help process them and in the result you are able to eat less and less variety of foods.

For myself, I beleive that avoiding anitbiotics unless absolutely necessary is the first step.

Eating a variety of different foods is another step to introduce variety. This steps goes with a little relaxation of sterility of food preparation. I am fully aware that some microbes can put you in hospital, but I also think we go overboard with antibiotic cleansers, too.

I personally, try to avoid any ultra-processed foods.

I try to add variety of ethnic foods.

I already wrote about A2 milk products and kefir.

I removed any, absolutely any, comertial seed oils from my diet.

I removed any simple sugars from my diet such as fructose, glucose, etc.

Despite the fact that I love them, I limit mushrooms in my food, because I know my body does not tolerate them well, same thing for any molds.

I am considering limiting coffee, too.

   






As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles