Mount Si

Mount Si (pronounced Sai) is definitely one of the most recognizable landmarks in the region. It is towering over the town of North Bend and it is simply breathtaking in its beauty. 

47°30'21.0"N 121°44'21.7"W

As a whole family, we have previously climbed the Little Mount Si, a smaller peak in the range, which is equally picturesque, but it is trully a baby next to the parent, the Mount Si.

Today, since Natalia was travelling to Las Vegas and girls did not want to go hiking and stayed home with Bunica, I went by myself. 

I have been strugglining with health problems, whether it is pollen allergy, since the cherry trees and other bushes are in the full bloom, or some other chemical reaction, my face have been burning and bags around my eyes make me look as if I was 20 years older. 

I decided that instead staying at home and feeling sorry, I will challenge myself to sweat and breath some fresh evergreen mountain air.

The trail was very busy, but when hiking alone I like saying “hello” to passing people. I also like hiking alone when I listen to a good audio book, and the book today was excellent. See my previous post on the current book.

The hike was challenging and I came back very tired, but feeling good. There is no way we would have made it with kids in a quick few hours.

I feel so happy to live right under (takes me 30 minutes to drive to) such a beautiful mountain range.    

 













As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles