I found solitary mate in dire straights

I found solitary mate in dire straights
Lonely tune, blues rocks soul's heights

I am soldier of fortune, a dog of war
Lost all meaning I've been fighting for

Northern star, compass & map is worn
Both my soul and sails are torn

I sail ahead yet I really don't know where
I treasure my memories like a precious pearl

Some day we will find the wisdom
By the blue sea we'll make our home
We will stop this futile fight
We will bask our faces in sun's light
Sunrise we will watch hand-in-hand
Our souls' wounds will all mend

Life's so short, we'll all soon die
Everyone ought to experience life's high
If being careful, then only not to miss
Precious moments together, lovers' kiss

"I am tired of being in love and being all alone"
He sings about the lover who's gone
I am listening to the tunes all night long
Looking at the stars above, thinking, lone's so wrong

Music blaze in my brain, guitar cords
I call out to you with these words
Words flow so easily at night
when music and heart are right
Into empty paper, space, maybe your heart
No one will answer my words tonight
Music has me in it's arms with all it's might

Dance on the thin ice, walk on the highwire
Choose love over mind and heart on fire
Throw your love to the strangers, he sing:
And all caution to the wind...



As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles