Rumi searching...

I searched for God among the Christians and on the Cross and therein I
found Him not.
I went into the ancient temples of idolatry; no trace of Him was there.
I entered the mountain cave of Hira and then went as far as Qandhar
but God I found not.
With set purpose I fared to the summit of Mount Caucasus and found
there only 'anqa's habitation.
Then I directed my search to the Kaaba, the resort of old and young;
God was not there even.
Turning to philosophy I inquired about him from ibn Sina but found Him
not within his range.
I fared then to the scene of the Prophet's experience of a great
divine manifestation only a "two bow-lengths' distance from him" but
God was not there even in that exalted court.
Finally, I looked into my own heart and there I saw Him; He was
nowhere else.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles