Moth into the fire

Ji told me something interesting about myself today.

She says that I am like a moth going to the candle light, I know I
will get burnt and die, but I cannot stop going, it is in my nature.

After some thinking I realized how true it is. So many times when I
could just walked away when I knew the battle was already lost, but I
kept on going because I had hope to save the day yet I got killed,
slaughtered, at the end.

This is my biggest weakness and the greatest strenght, I refuse to
give up. Like Don Quichotte, or as I would rather prefer to think a
General Patton type with a soft spot for gentler things in life..

I have been wrong in this area so many times recently -- it is really
sad. At least there is no lying about it, no more. I still got
slaughtered in the end and got left to rot.



As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles