Slow food



I am a big proponent of "slow food." 

At work, current and previous, I always tried to get people out for lunch, sit down, and have a good meal. 
I hate "brown bags," I never go to a drive-thru, and I don't like order-in food at work or home. 
I like quality food, not too fancy but served esthetically—I love to cook for friends myself, and I like to make wines.

Today, when I got this picture of Lili, I realized how much I miss the European feel of Quebec, with restaurants, cafe shops, and good bakeries on every street corner, where life and food are good. 

I went for lunch to the only French bistro in the area, Cafe Pyrenees, in Libertyville, IL, about 6 miles away, only to learn that they are closed until 5 p.m.


Having said that, I also realize that it has been a week since I came back from Quebec, and I did not cook once, not even tea, which I love to drink so often. 

I was wandering around the supermarket. I read picture cards about a dozen fish they were selling. I finally knew what Tilapia and Halibut look like and where they come from. I walked out with a couple of bread rolls and a coffee cake. 

It's pathetic, but I just have no energy or motivation.
















Cafe Pyrenees link


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles