Sync: How Order Emerges from Chaos In the Universe, Nature, and Daily Life by by Steven H. Strogatz

This is the second book of this author I am listening to. 



The concept of "coupled oscillators" is absolutely riveting to me and I want to explore it deeper.

 I have a clear intuitive understanding of how it works and I think I could write a simple computer program to showcase it ( firefly synch ), maybe I can follow up on that later #todo

The occurrence of synchronized coupled oscillators is common all over in biology from single-cell organisms to humans, as well as in astronomy, physics, and computer networks. 

It is the #AI field that is getting me excited. Imagine a #distributed network, or rather a #graph, of nodes doing constant analysis of the input data flow, traditionally, they would wait for a signal, process it, discharge the output, and wait for the next one. 

I want it ( the graph) to create a state where the info is disseminated, nodes synchronized, created the state and reported on it to the "secondary" and "tertiary" observer and "reporter" nodes, then the whole system discharged that state and while creating the output ( e.g. chat response), took that "previous" state and any new information from the outside as an input to the next cycle.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles