Is water retention caused by allergens? (Mushrooms)

I have been steadily losing excess weight on the keto diet, which is good; I have a few more to go before my optimal Spartan weight.

I monitor my "dry weight" every morning before I drink or eat and after I use the restroom.

Yesterday, I ate mushrooms in the sauce, which I know I am allergic to because of allergy tests I did and the fact my mouth is tingling after I eat them.

I did not feel good in the evening; my stomach was upset, but there were no major events. I took NyQuil to knock me out, but it did not really help, except for making me really drowsy this morning.

Other than that, yesterday I had a good diet of 2 eggs, hummus, bulletproof coffee, a lard-fried filet mignon, and some bigos (sour cabbage hunter stew).

This morning I have gained a little weight, yet, I was expecting to loose some.

I suspect my allergic reaction caused some water retention (swelling). In fact, I have read that when people cleanse, the first few pounds they lose are water.

Please comment if you suspect otherwise or if you had a similar observation.



As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles