Buddhist mindset and Mail folders on OS X

I spent most of the evening rearranging my mail messages. I created nice Family, Business and Friends folders and put all my correspondence accordingly.
Finally, I wanted to rename "friends" to "Friends", to make it consistent with the rest of the folders. The program did rename the folder, but it also kept the original one with the subfolders... I quickly looked in, seeing that they both have content in them, I assumed that the program created a DUPLICATE, I hit the delete on the old one -- what a mistake!!!

I wanted to cry when I noticed there is no deleted version in the Trash bin, it is gone, forever, all my emails with friends! Couldn't it be my old work emails that I will never need again?!? My heart aches!

My head is still rushing with emotions, what am I thinking?

- everything is impermanent (Buddhist principle)
- even on Mac OS X you can loose stuff... it is not just Windows that make you a Buddhist (or insane)
- don't be cheap and get yourself a FireWire backup hard-drive with good encryption
- backup your stuff, you idiot - how many times you need to learn it in a hard way


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles