I woke up with a dream in my head

I had a dream about a young guy, right after the high school, that was attending my automotive program. He was a smart kid. In the class he showed us a roll-up screen that served as mono-chrome display for the computer. He used it to scroll a marquee across. The screen was some kind of fabric, almost like a tracing paper with a machine-sawn-in patch that held carbon that he put there from the pencil core (graphite really). On the edges there were rails with computer wires attached, the type you can find in the hard drive connections. The screen could be rolled up just like a scroll. What happened was that a layer of carbon emitted a single frequency light at different point between two electrodes depending on voltage applied. With an electrical grid it was easy to create a simple display.

The kid was full of other tech-wiz tricks like that.

I talked to him and asked "What the hell are you doing in here you should be in college getting your PHD?" the kid responded "I don't know, there wasn't anything to do.. [as after the high school]"
He also was going thru the Japanese learning book, familiar to me, in fact the more advanced that I ever had. That really impressed the hell lot of me. I thought that the kid was misguided after the high school and went to this school instead of university like he should. I hoped that he will straighten that out soon.
I woke up after the bell rang, it was the last day and summer vacation was starting, we were getting out of the class of Mr. Van Warmer (my current teacher).

After I woke up, I quietly picked up my laptop so not to wake up the girls, I had some Godiva dark chocolate ice cream at the living room sofa, chatted with Tomek, and wrote my dream down. Interesting thing is that such kid does not exist, carbon does not emit light as far as I know -- was my subconsciousness telling me something?


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles