Is it mindful or wasteful 15 minutes?

For about a decade now, I've been reminding myself of this simple philosophy of living a few minutes at a time. I think it is worth to re-state it again.

According to the Buddhists, and common sense, there is no universal good, nor bad choices in life. However, we are not entirely off the hook yet; every action carries its consequences -- yes the buddhist 'karma'.

To be 'mindful' as Buddhists say is to be aware of self and the present surroundings. It's hard to keep the constant vigilance, therefore, it is by far easier to make the minor course corrections every once a while.

Wasting time, resources, life, opportunity (to learn), or simply not caring, is hardly mindful.

I try to do the best I can a that moment and monitor my life every 15 minutes. I ask myself what have I done that is beneficial?

No worries mate, sometimes your choices will be plain dumb, but I assure you, your life will gradually turn better and you become a more valuable person because you are more mindful and you learn constantly.

Finally, the note about the rest and fun - don't overdo it, but both are necessary to maintain the sanity. Life is too short to keep it all 'hard charging'. You will learn that after 5, 10, and 20 years later, you still chasing your goals as you did the day one. Life will be over sooner than you can realize.
Enjoying the present is the only way to be happy.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles