Saturday sailing class

Saturday
We sailed in the mild, 6 knot wind. The weather was very nice, but the sail was somewhat boring because I did not learn almost anything new. I guess the class assumption was the beginner's level. Captain Ben Sells did not want to valenteer much more then minimum necessary. Even with steering and the sail trim we were not allowed to make any adjustment beyond what got us moving in the prescribed direction. I really quicky learned about that inflexibility. Getting over the facts above, I got to like our Captain. I was happy to be able to experience a new 36 foot Beneteau named The Flying Dragon. We sailed some very uneventful 16 miles in abour 4 hours.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles