killing the frogs


Today, I needed a break from the constant work and went to the 25 yard indoor archery range. 

It is a really good exercise to shoot couple of hundred arrows, you can actually break a sweat and feel muscles hurting afterwards, especially when you shoot 60# (pound) bow.

I shoot at the paper target, but soon I discovered it is so much more fun to kill the frog.

I could not find a noticeable difference between my 31 inch and 28.5 inch arrows. I think the real feather arrows shoot a little more accurate than plastic vanes, but minimally. 

Also, the bow shoot very straight and I used the almost same aiming mark as I do in my 8 yard basement range. The arrows penetrated about 6 inch @ 25 yards into the foam target, when at home they go in 13 inches @ 8 yard into the same type of material.

Also, I made progress with my strength being able to shoot for quite a long time, however my draw length still stinks and it is too short.



As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles