lonely night

Tonight, is one of these quiet-house evenings, when I really need a
friend, but I cannot really go out, there is nowhere I can go for
number of reasons. It is kind of lonely night.

In my mind I still live in the times and places when people are just
hanging-out in each other places, it is a normal and common thing to
do, in fact you have to have a good excuse not to get together. There
may be many bad things about living in a small town, but living close
to your friends and seeing them, is priceless. I don't have it now,
here in this large suburbs of a large city.

The usual suburb options are the bookstore, cafe, gym, in summer days
the beach, the park forest preserve, but it is late night.
I am not one of the people who are just bored: I love to write, there
are two highly addictive audio books by Scott Sigler waiting for me,
there are Netflix movies and a pile of magazines and books overdue for
reading. Finally, there is plenty of interesting and challenging work
I could do.

No, I definitely am not bored, but I miss that friendly feeling of
someone special around.



As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles