violence on the news

Once again, there is violence on the news. Palestinians shot katyusha- style rackets at the Israeli town of 120 thousands, Israeli retaliate and kill 60 Palestinians, including the civilians.

First of all, I don't side with either, both sides are like retarded kid-brothers that fight continuously. I don't want to hear about their never ending tribal-religious fights.

Secondly, it is all civilians doing the fighting as far as I am concerned, not a professional military under a central command.

As long as the mothers of middle east raise their children to solve problems by fighting, and their sons are willing to sacrifice their siblings, nothing will change, and somehow I don't feel sorry for either.

I come form the Poland that was oppressed and drained dry by Russia and communists, my mother was active in opposition movement "Solidarność", but she never conveyed to me a lesson that if I blow myself, or blow up whole lot of Russian civilians with a racket, or a bomb, then somehow I become a martyr and solve all my country's problems, that is not how we solve problems, that is how primitive tribes solved their problems in seventh century.

There is a time to fight, in all-out wars such as when Hitler attacked most of the Europe, or Japan attacked USA, but then it is clear why you fight and what is to be lost and gained.



As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

My favorite quotations..


“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  by Robert A. Heinlein

"We are but habits and memories we chose to carry along." ~ Uki D. Lucas


Popular Recent Articles